The Human Resources Representative is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruiting, affirmative action and employment law compliance. This position will also be responsible for payroll and some office management duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform benefits administration to include claim resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conduct annual re-evaluation of benefits for cost-effectiveness.
- Prepare annual census information for 401k and Flexible Spending Account Non-Discrimination testing.
- Provide full life cycle recruitment to include: sourcing, screening, routing, interviewing and offer preparation
- Conduct new-employee orientations; employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize company activities.
- Analyze compensation annually.
- Update job descriptions as necessary.
- Monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Maintain human resources information system records.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee headcount directory.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of company benefits and services performed.
- Process changes for semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll by established deadlines.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets.
- Track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Update payroll records by entering new hires, terminations, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Work with payroll provider to ensure all ACA documentation is reported accurately.
- Serve as primary contact for employees and external partners for all office administrative functions.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment, office and kitchen supplies, copiers and postage meter.
- Order business lunches and assist with coordination of onsite business meetings.
- Coordinate training events such as Harassment Prevention and Career Development courses, as well as monthly Lunch and Learns, Birthday Celebrations, and Company Outings.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in Human Resources
- Management and Payroll experience
- Background in life sciences preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and Visio.
- Knowledge of Paycom Payroll and NetSuite preferable.
Skills (General Knowledge):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; need to be able to effectively interact with employees and managers of all levels
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task while maintaining the highest level of accuracy
- Self-starter that looks for continuous improvement
- Experience with benefits administration and reconciliation
- Strong working knowledge of most, if not all, human resources disciplines; including but not limited to FMLA/FLSA and other processes such as talent/performance management, employee engagement, reward and recognition principles and federal and state employment laws.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources or Business or related field; or
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.